Marketing Links for Lawyers: This Week’s Ninja Stars (8/11/2014)
When we talk about search engine optimization, great content, and online marketing, we talk a lot about the written word. However, it’s vital to remember that images, pictures, infographics, and other visuals are just as important as words, especially when it comes to engaging your reader, limiting bounce rates, and getting social media shares.
This week, we’ve picked three blog posts that focus on visual marketing strategies, from one post explaining why visual content is important to two other posts that shows you how to create awesome visual content, whether on your own website or on social media.
Ready to jump in? Start reading below.
- The importance of visual content. Did you know that over half of the population is visual learners? Or that over 90 percent of communication isn’t verbal? Marketing expert Ryan Farrel shares these facts and more at the Content Marketing Institute when discussing how important graphics, pictures, and other visuals are to developing your brand and promoting your business. Learn about why visuals are important and how you can integrate them into every aspect of your online marketing plan, from web design to social media.
- Ten reasons to invest in infographics. Are infographics a trend or a truly powerful online marketing tool? At Business 2 Community, Jonathan Long lists ten different reasons that infographics are an effective and efficient way to spend marketing dollars. For example, did you know infographics keep visitors on your website for longer, or that they can increase your number of followers on Facebook and Twitter? Click the link to learn eight more reasons to start working on your own infographics today.
- Visual social media basics. Seth Feigerman at Mashable explains the best ways that companies can embrace all-visual social media websites, including Instagram, Snapchat, and Vine. While other social media platforms are easier for marketers to understand, visual social marketing can be more a challenge. This post not only explains these platforms, but also shares great examples of how other companies are embracing the visual and gaining millions of followers.
- Embracing adaptive change. Brent Gleeson at Forbes discusses how important it is for the owners of small businesses to understand and cope with change. From the quickly-changing world of online marketing, to changes in your business or the legal system, leaders and managers need to not only accept change but also take advantage of it. Start by reading five different ways to start.
- Lots and lots of free Twitter tools! Kevan Lee at Buffer Blog has a great post this week on how you can make using Twitter easier and more profitable, all through using tools and apps that are free. While you probably don’t want to use all 59 tools that are covered, one or two of the apps could give you a leg up when it comes to mastering the leading mini-blogging site.
Are you ready to add visuals, images, and infographics to your website and marketing plan? Call The Search Ninjas today to speak to our website design team or request a free SEO audit: (410) 929-5610.