Marketing Links for Lawyers: This Week’s Ninja Stars (6/2/2014)
Are you in a web design, SEO, online marketing, or social media rut? All you might need is an injection of creativity, but that is often easier said than done. Luckily, The Moz Blog has a great post this week that outlines how exactly creativity works and how you can engender your creativity even when you think it is tapped.
In addition to learning how to get your creative marketing juices flowing, this week we are sharing links with you about guest blogging, Instagram, repurposing content, and blog post promotion. Here’s the scoop:
- How to boost your creativity. It’s easy to get in a rut, especially when it comes to marketing your law firm or small business. The Moz Blog’s Shelli Walsh takes a concrete look at how you can foster and feed your creativity, even when you don’t feel energized. We especially like her Ten Ideas list and brainstorming strategies.
- Utilizing Instagram the right way. Did you know that when it comes to engagement, Instagram has all other types of social media beat? And yet very few small businesses are harnessing the marketing power of the all-image website. In this blog post from The Content Strategist, Lisa Hoover McGreevy shares some great examples of how leading brands are using Instagram to communicate with users and boost the impact of their visual content.
- Promoting your blog posts. This week ProBlogger is running a series that every small business blogger should read: 6 Things to Do With Your Blog Post After you Hit Publish. Far too many content creators think that after you’ve written a blog, that’s all you need to do. In reality, you should be sharing the post on social media, writing about it in your newsletter, and engaging with your readers. Read on to get even more tips.
- Guest blog the smart way. A few months ago, Google executive Matt Cutts had some harsh words for guest blogs – and implied that websites with guest blogs would be penalized in the future. This week, though, CopyBlogger shares a great set of tips about how you can continue to guest blog successfully, without getting the cold shoulder from search engines and without worrying about harming your SEO efforts.
- Repurposing your content. You can get more mileage out of your content if you have a plan and know how to repurpose it correctly. Although cutting and pasting content can be disastrous for your SEO, finding creative ways to reinvent your content (such as turning an ebook into a series of blog posts or vice versa) can save you time and money. Read more about how to repurpose your content at the Top Rank Online Marketing blog.
Are you ready to take the first step toward better traffic and better clients? A great website and a great marketing plan all start with an SEO audit. Call The Search Ninjas at (410) 929-5610 to request a free audit today.