Marketing Links for Lawyers: This Week’s Ninja Stars (6/16/2014)
So, you want to start blogging on your attorney website? It is not quite as easy as just opening your laptop and writing whatever comes into your head. In fact, creating a blog that is consistent, relevant, and successful takes a good amount of thought and effort.
This week on SEER Interactive, blogger Ali Freezman walks readers through a 10-point checklist that every corporate blogger should read before posting their first post. From finding the right tone to understanding your audience, Freezman will make sure that you are doing everything possible to attract ideal clients through your business blogging efforts.
Read about corporate blogging success as well as four other hot topics in the SEO and web design world below:
- Creating a successful corporate blog. Do you have a blog for your law firm? Do you post regularly? Do you see results from those posts? If your answer to any of the above questions is no, you need to read this blog post at SEER Interactive. Chances are that you have skipped one of the ten steps outlined in Freezman’s list – or that you haven’t completed one of the steps correctly.
- How to make a site move with SEO in mind. Google’s Webmaster Central blog tackled the tricky issue of site moves this week, from how to move to a site with responsive design to how to move a site without changing your URL. Moving your website or changing your address can adversely affect your Page rank – make sure to do it right by reading what Google has to say about moves first.
- Best practices for small businesses. We love this list of 13 best practices for small businesses – and most of them can be applied to web design, marketing, and SEO. Our favorites: have a clear process, make decisions based on data, and document all of your processes. When we work with small businesses that are finding lots of success, they are without exception taking this advice.
- Learning about barnacle SEO. When it comes to search engine optimization, one key strategy could be clinging onto websites that have already found success with the keywords you want to rank well for. The Moz Blogs Whiteboard Friday post teaches you everything you need to know about this concept, known as barnacle SEO. Click the link to either watch the video or read the transcript.
- Alternatives to written content. Written content is great, but having lots of different forms of content on your website is key to getting a wide audience to engage with you. Social Media Today writer Gini Dietrich lists some great alternatives to the written word, including podcasts, videos, and photo galleries. Even using one of these non-traditional content ideas can garner new users and new clients.
Do you need assistance with your search engine optimization or your attorney website? We are here to help. Call The Search Ninjas today to speak to our website design team or to request a free SEO audit: (410) 929-5610.