Marketing Links for Lawyers: This Week’s Ninja Stars (5/5/2014)
Where do you put your marketing dollars, time and energy? Do you update your Facebook page regularly, pay for links, keep up a regular blog, or focus on branding? Once those things are done, what do you do to make sure your strategies and tactics are resulting in actual business? This week, take a look at some of the best online marketing and small business articles from around the web, from a news item about backlinks and SEO to five useful tips about optimizing your Facebook Business page. At the end of the list, find a great primer on how to optimize your conversion rate. Ready to get started?
- Google announces backlinks will lose importance. The biggest news in SEO this week is that Google’s Matt Cutts released a video explaining that search engine rankings will stop giving so much weight to backlinks in coming years. The head of search spam explained that as the search engine giant is better able to understand “natural language,” links will lose their importance while web content will continue to gain importance. He added, though, that links will still be a significant factor for the time being.
- How to self-edit your blog posts. Some of the attorneys we work with choose to write their own blog posts – but few work with someone else to edit and proofread their material. While self-editing isn’t ideal, Ali Luke at ProBlogger shares nine tips for how you can make your blog posts shine even if you are both writing and editing the work. Our favorite tip: make sure to preview your blog post for formatting issues and other visual problems: don’t post and run!
- Content tips for Facebook Business. Newtek shared a helpful set of tips on Forbes this week regarding how businesses can find marketing success through their Facebook Business page. Among other tips, the article warns businesses to stay away from lengthy posts, to carefully choose images, and to link to other social media accounts. Most of all? Focus on your users and user engagement, not touting your business without connecting and interacting with your audience.
- An emotional branding primer. Rick Sloboda of Smashing Magazine offers an explanation of emotional branding, including why this type of branding has become so important in recent years and how it affects users and consumers. Be sure to watch the three videos that show examples of successful emotional marketing – and then think about how your business can take advantage of this evidence-based marketing trend.
- A thorough look at conversion rate optimization. Paddy Moogan at Moz offers readers an exhaustive look at how to optimize your conversion rate, from outlining your goals to designing testing to gathering data. This is a must-read for anyone who has put effort into their marketing strategies but is intimidated of how to analyze their results. The bottom line? A few small design changes and a few small new tactics can increase your conversion rate – all you have to do is discover what they are through some logic and testing.
Have any of these articles and marketing links inspired you to revamp your online marketing strategy or take a closer look at whether your website is working optimally? Call The Search Ninjas today: (410) 929-5610 to request a free SEO audit today.