Marketing Links for Lawyers: This Week’s Ninja Stars (4/7/2014)
This week, many of our links concentrate on website redesigns: what we can learn from past trends, what we should be thinking about when we make design choices, and how we can design our new websites to attract our ideal, local clients. Start by reading a short history of web design and end with an interesting account of one business owner’s experience redesigning his own website (with help, of course). Ready to get started?
- Six basic local SEO strategies. If you are just getting started with optimizing your law firm or small business website, you have probably heard a lot of talk about local SEO. But what exactly is it? This blog post from Forbes explains the six most basic strategies surrounding SEO and is a great place for new business owners to get started.
- A history lesson about web design. Daniel Kosir of Search Engine People takes a trip down memory lane by looking at the different trends and phases of web design over the last 25 years, from all-text pages in the early 90s to today’s high-tech responsive designs. In addition to understanding how web design has evolved over the years, learn why usability and user experience have become so important today.
- Optimizing your website’s images. We love this detailed, in-depth look at how to prepare images for your website so that they best help your marketing strategy, SEO, and page design. At the heart of this post, written by Diana Urban on HubSpot, is how to change your photo’s image size so that it looks good without slowing down the load time of your website. It’s a must-read for anyone who posts images on the web regularly.
- An up-close look at one business’ website redesign. In the New York Times, blogger Josh Patrick walks readers though how his company’s website redesign went, including all of the major steps of the redesign process. Most interestingly, Patrick discusses both the good and bad things that happened after the redesign went live. Great reading for anyone who is considering a redesign for their business.
- Learn how to share the right social media content. Guest blogger Benjamin Taylor dropped in to Problogger this week to share his knowledge about finding and sharing the right content on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Learn why you should think of your audience’s needs when you curate content instead of what you personally find interesting. Also Learn how your content sharing can affect your business, your brand, and your readership.
Whether you are looking for a smart redesign or whether you are contemplating a new website altogether, we can help. To get started, check out our portfolio here or request a free website audit by calling (410) 929-5610.