Confused by Visual Marketing? Take These Five Steps to get Started.
This week we have been talking about visual marketing: why it is important, how it has changed, and, of course, how to actually do it. With the growing popularity of mobile phones and tablets, the rise of the younger generation, and the increase in visual social media websites, it is more vital than ever to embrace the image and attract visually-minded users.
How do you get started? Here are a few easy steps you can take to dip your toe into the world of visual content marketing:
- Add pictures to your blog posts. You might think that adding an image to your blog is very useful, but research shows otherwise: it can make the user stay on the page for a longer amount of time, decrease your bounce rate, and result in more clicks from social media sharing. Even a stock photo or a picture of the author can do wonders for your blog post traffic and SEO.
- Join visual social media platforms. Did you know that picture-based websites like Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, and Pintrest are quickly gaining users and exploding in popularity? Don’t be afraid of adding a few visual social media accounts to your list – not only will they reach new users, they will also give you an advantage over many of your competitors who haven’t yet discovered them.
- Consider developing some infographics. Infographics kill two birds with one stone: they provide your reader with a visual image while at the same time giving them useful, relevant, and interesting information. Although a great infographic does take a talented content creator, a bit of research, and a time investment, what you get out a great infographic is often worth it. They are shared, linked to, and talked about more than many other types of content.
- Integrate your brand into your visuals. When you are pumping out great content, don’t forget to put your stamp on it. Include you logo, your website colors, and even your tagline in your visuals, whether you are making a video or distributing an infographic. Remember: all of your visual content marketing should be branded.
- Don’t forget videos! Visual marketing doesn’t stop at images, photos, and graphics. If a picture is worth one thousand words, a video might be priceless. Consider posting videos on your website (even your homepage), on your social media websites, and on your own YouTube channel. Remember that like good written content, video content should be high quality. Take the extra effort to make sure that your lighting, sound, and script are all excellent.
If you need assistance with adding visual components to your website or marketing plan, Call The Search Ninjas today to talk to an expert: (410) 929-5610.