We talk a lot on our blog about SEO and web design. But even we can admit that there is a lot more to successful online marketing and branding than those two things. In fact, it’s downright impossible to have a great website and great SEO if you don’t have a few other business and marketing skills in place first.
This week for in our link parade, we are focusing on issues that are marginal, but still important, to search engine optimization and web development. Issues like marketing strategy, email marketing, leadership skills, cyber insurance, and blogging. Ready to start reading?
- 12 fresh online marketing ideas. Kevan Lee at Buffer Blog has a dozen new marketing strategies for you to learn about and test out, and none of them are boring or predictable. Here’s an example: The Burrito Principle: the idea that people are most likely to check their social media accounts during transitional times and down times: commutes, meals, and in bed in the morning and evening. If you post your social media updates during these times, they are more likely to be read by your potential clients and customers. Click the link to read about 11 more principles.
- Get people to reply to your emails. Business Insider published a short but important video about how to get answers to your emails. Although this video is about personal business emails, many of the lessons can be applied to marketing emails and even web content. The long and short of it: be direct, be clear, and make your call to action extremely clear!
- Being a better leader. We work with a lot of attorneys. Attorneys went to school to become lawyers, but after law school many find themselves running a business. How does someone who is trained for legal analysis and courtrooms also learn to become a great business leader? At Forbes, blogger Jayson DeMers outlines seven signs of a poor leader as well as what you can do to take the helm at your law office.
- What you need to know about cyber insurance. More and more online businesses are buying cyber insurance to protect themselves and their clients from cyber crime. Does your business need cyber insurance or are you safe without it? Is cyber insurance worth the cost? Find out from this fact-filled article from Entrepreneur.
- Learn the habits of the best bloggers. At Copyblogger, Sonia Simone shares the results of a very interesting survey of 1,000 successful bloggers. Do you think you know how many posts you should publish per week? Or how many images you should insert into each of your blog posts? You might be surprised at the results.
Does your law firm or business need online marketing or website help? Call The Search Ninjas today to speak to our website design team or request a free SEO audit: (410) 929-5610.