Last month Twitter turned eight years old. In that short time span, the micro-blogging website has gone from fun gimmick to international social media powerhouse. While many business owners and attorneys know that Twitter is a powerful marketing tool, few understand how to best harness that power and reap the benefits. This week, we are focusing on five recent Twitter blog posts and news items that can help you understand how using Twitter can help you solidify your brand, speak to your clients, and ultimately grow your business.
Let’s get started:
- Twitter Basics. Diana Urban shares 50 Tweet-ready Twitter tips at Inbound Hub, from how to optimize your account to how to interact with others. This is a great guide for those who are new to Twitter and those who worry that they might not be taking full advantage of the social media website.
- Twitter Acquires Data Reseller Gnip. AdAge reports that Twitter has acquired the data middleman Gnip, showing the social media giant’s increasing interest in big data. While the terms of the deal were not disclosed by either party, many believe that data resellers are just beginning to see the full potential of their products – for example, a business could mine Twitter data to discover why a new product hasn’t been selling well.
- Building an Overall Twitter Strategy. At Forbes, Jayson DeMers discusses taking the next step beyond “How to Tweet” by looking at how you can construct a long-term Twitter strategy for your business. Learn how to integrate your Tweets with your content strategy, build your brand, and engage with your growing audience.
- Learning from Twitter’s Own Tweets. Jon Friedman at MarketWatch provides a lesson in marketing on Twitter from the people who know best: the people at Twitter. This revealing article shows how Twitter uses its own website to promote itself, announce news, and engage with readers.
- Monitoring Twitter to Catch a Crisis Early. Chris Syme at Social Media Today discusses how an online marketing crisis (such as false information about a product or bad news related to your business) can be caught early and dealt with quickly. At the heart of this strategy is monitoring social media sites like Twitter using a number of easy tools. Click the link above to learn more.
Do you want to create an awesome marketing plan to go along with your Twitter marketing campaign? Do you need a website that can work hand-in-hand with your social media accounts to build your business? Call The Search Ninjas today: (410) 929-5610.