How much time have you put into the design and content of your law firm’s Contact Us page? If your page only consists of an electronic contact form or a lonely address, you are doing a disservice both to your user and to your local SEO plan. Below, we’ve listed some simple advice for Contact Us pages that can make your page more valuable to your users and more scintillating to search engine spiders.
- Include your complete address and phone number. This seems extremely obvious, but you’d be surprised how many businesses get this wrong. Make sure that your information is one hundred percent correct, that it appears on your home page, and that it appears in HTML (not just embedded in graphics). Include an area code in your phone number. And, most importantly, make sure your contact information is uniform across the web.
- Dump your call tracking numbers. Call tracking can be an extremely helpful tool for measuring the success of your various marketing campaigns. But when it comes to local SEO, your users, and your website, it is best to stick with one consistent phone number.
- Use an integrated map. Make it as easy as possible for users to get to your location! In today’s world, this means including an integrated Bing or Google Maps map that will get your potential clients to your front door without a headache. This is especially important as more users search for business on their mobile devices.
- Think about where your users are coming from. Since getting your users to your front door is a major function of your contact page, understanding who your users are is vital. For example, you may wish to include directions to your office from nearby cities. Or you may wish to include directions for people on foot, people biking, or people taking public transportation.
- Add location photos. Adding photos to your location page can make users feel like they are in a familiar place while also making it easy to find your building. Consider uploading a photo of a nearby landmark as well as an exterior shot of your office. Don’t forget to optimize these photos by adding location details in the file name and alt tags.
- Include hours of operation. Giving your office hours helps users and doesn’t cost you any time, money, or effort. In fact, it will save your office time because you won’t have to field these questions as often by telephone.
- Give your users options. It is important to understand that all users are different: they use the internet differently and they have different personalities and needs. Some users may prefer to pick up the phone and talk to a real person or stop by your office in the flesh. Others might like to send an email or even chat with a representative online. Your Contact Us page should cater to all types of people, not just one or two.
Your Contact Us page shouldn’t be an afterthought – it holds the vital information that users need to take the next step toward becoming a customer or client. Even if your other online marketing strategies are genius, it doesn’t matter if users can’t easily get in touch. In addition, your contact page is a big puzzle piece in the local SEO game. Review your local contact info today and find a few easy fixes that could lead to conversions.
Need help? That’s what we’re here for. Contact The Search Ninjas at (410) 929-5610.